Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

Holiday/Travels: Devon

Hi everyone,

So as you all know, I was recently in Devon on holiday for a week. We went to a haven site and I had a fantastic time. We went to the beach a lot and built a sand castle and I couldn't help but take some scenic pictures of the beach and its surroundings.

Another day, we went on a coastal walk which seemed longer than it was due to the heat (I'm not complaining - the weather was lovely) and the view from the cliffs were unbelievable. Additionally, I enjoyed it up there because it was one of the very few moments I actually had some internet signal on my phone, so I went crazy - YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat - the lot. 

On the Friday, it was Georgia's birthday so she decided to go to the zoo for a day out. We visited Paignton Zoo and it was lovely, however, most of the animals were behind glass or a metal caged fence - not ideal for my pictures. I will share the ones that were successful and look nice but there's nothing else I can do otherwise. 


Firstly, these are some photographs of the beach, specifically the water, the waves look really slow and gentle and I think these look very peaceful. We didn't play in the sand a lot, although we did built a sand castle (below) - I decorated it with mussel shells. The picture you will find last in this part is the view from the beach restaurant with was at the top of the hill up off the beach. It was a fish and seafood restaurant and we went in one day for a drink after we had been on the beach, you can see along the beach from here (this is over to the left hand side). 




Mussel shell decorated sand castle

Beach view from the restaurant



Amazing views from the costal walk on the top of the cliff. We had an unbelievable view across the water, astounding pictures and I didn't realize at the time just how beautiful it was. 










Lastly, the zoo. Paignton Zoo was a beautiful place and I recommend it if you're ever near or down Devon way, I suggest you visit. Anyways, here's some of my favourite pictures from the day.

If I knew what this bird was called I would put it as the caption...

Deceiving picture here, they were fighting, not kissing.  

Huge tortoise, it was as big as it looks.

Mr Elegance.

Alligator, I wasn't as close to it as it looks in this picture.

Slippery, slimey snake.

I was this close to a goat that I had to take a selfie with it.

I wanted to bring this little rabbit home with me to be a friend for Ollie - how cute is he!?

Mummy & her babies.

Orangutan.

A Lemur in a tree.

Flamingo Island. 

There you go, there's some of my holiday in pictures, I hope you have enjoyed this and you liked my pictures, I think I have a few good memories here that I can keep for me to remember this holiday. I think this selection of pictures represents my week well - it's a good range of what I did, except for the night times. We went to the entertainment night club every night and despite it being children's entertainment, it was always full and there was plenty of adults and teenagers there. 
I loved every minute of it and didn't want to come home. I love haven sites and I think I will for as long as I live. You're never to old for haven. That's my slogan.

Okay, that's all I have for now, speak to you all sometime soon.

Aoife


No comments:

Post a Comment