Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

A Birthday Idea: For A Friend

Hello everybody, I have had quite a busy weekend and therefore my post hasn't been up earlier.

This is a gift a made recently for a friend's birthday, it's very simple, it looks nice and I think she liked it.
I made a personalized spray painted jar, this is what it turns out like so if you like the look of it carry on reading about how I did it and how simply you can do it too.



Before I go any further I just want to point out that I don't have a picture of the final product but at the end I will explain what and how I did it. Okay, let's go.


1. Equipment: All I used was a small jar, a glue gun, matte purple spray paint, face mask, rubber gloves (all below). Also a binbag to prevent the spray paint from going al over the table or floor or wherever you decide to work.


2. Next, I used my glue gun to write 'Emma' on the jar. Leave that to dry and choose a colour spray paint. I would recommend matte finish paint as I prefer how that looks in the end but it does also work with shiny finish paint so don't worry if that's all you have or that's what you've chosen.


3. Turn your jar upside down and spray it, ensuring you cover all the gaps. You may find that when it dries and you turn it back the right way around the top of the letters may not have got any colour on them, in which case you can just spray over them again while your jar is standing the correct way up.


4. This is the spray paint I used, in the second picture you can see how the matte purple finish looks, when you are choosing your paint, check this part of the can so you have an idea about what it will dry like.



5. Your finished product should look something like this. When I prepared it as the gift I lined it with tissue paper and filled it with pick and mix sweets, I didn't use the jar lid that came with it, instead I used a muffin case, placed upside down on the top and tied a piece of ribbon around the neck of the jar. I also suggested that she could use the jar as a pen pot or for another use, maybe you have a different idea than filling it with sweets which they may appreciate more, in which case go for it, haha.



Okay, that's all for today it nearing half 10 and I've had little sleep with this busy weekend, might write more about my weekend tomorrow because I had some pretty exciting things happen that will forever make me smile - it makes me so happy.
Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, goodbye, goodnight & god bless.


Aoife





No comments:

Post a Comment