Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

LIMF and Meeting The Vamps

Hello everybody, 
I haven't had a break as such, I've just been pretty busy doing this and that but I'm ready to go and carry on writing for you all.


I did promise this post in the previous one which seems like forever ago but it's here now. During the summer there was a festival on in Liverpool called LIMF - Liverpool International Music Festival which was at the Pier Head in Liverpool and was hosted by Radio City - a local radio station. There was 1 stage and 10 acts, as soon as I found out that THE VAMPS were playing there, I had to go. If you don't know The Vamps or haven't yet heard of them, you're not welcome here. No, I'm obviously joking, they are a british band who began uploading covers on YouTube and now they have toured with McFly. 

At this point I didn't really care who else was on the line up because this was the only thing I was going for, obviously you care because you are still reading, so I'll tell you. This is not in the order they performed in as I don't remember but the line up was:



    The Vamps
    A.M.E
    Diana Vickers
    Tich
    Union J
    Eliza Doolittle
    Charlie Brown
    Little Mix
    JLS
    Stooshe




    That seems pretty good and trust me, it was, although I didn't know a lot of the songs from the other artists, the atmosphere was still great and everyone jumped and clapped along to the songs anyway. It went on from 1-9pm which is a long time standing up and as it got later it got busier and more cramped which wasn't great as I ended up standing on peoples bags and jumping on their feet and during The Vamps' set I knocked a phone out of a girls hand behind me, if you do happen to be reading this, I am really sorry, I did apologize when it happened but I don't know if you heard me or not.

    Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, the title has already given it away but before we went to the Pier Head for the festival we (Myself, Kayleigh and our friend Aimee - along with some other people we met there) were lucky enough to actually meet The Vamps. That is really strange to write and say but it did actually happen which I will never get my head around. If you know me personally, all my friends know how much I love The Vamps and how I am convinced I will marry Brad Simpson, to actually meet him, get a picture with him and hug him is just absolutely crazy. James, Connor and Tristan were all lovely - just how I would have expected them to be and we even met their cameraman Dean and their manager Joe which was incredible too.

    I'm sorry for rambling on about how great it was but I hope this has given you a bit of an insight into how good that day actually was, before all of this I knew I was a very unlucky person but after this, I don't think I could say that ever again.

    I am and will be entirely grateful for that 14 hours - I got into town at around 8am and got picked up afterwards at 10pm - my head was so so so sore and I could barely hear anything but it was absolutely so so worth it.

    There you go, this very long overdue post, my next one is another exiting one so I think it's your lucky day, haha, thanks for reading this down to this far, you are very kind to have pulled through all of that and I hope you can or will one day be able to relate to this.
    Don't forget to search The Vamps on YouTube - as much as I want to keep the to myself forever, you are being deprived so go!

    Aoife


    No comments:

    Post a Comment