Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

A Birthday Gift Idea: For Anyone

Hey everyone,

So before I begin today's post, I want to just say that last Monday, my blog turned 1. I have been writing this for just over a year now and I love it. People still read my posts and are still interested in what I have to say/show. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has read this, even if it has only been once, thank you. If you read every post, thank you. Or if this is the first post on my blog that you have read, thank you. I hope you are al here to stay and I appreciate the time you take to read posts on here.

So, anyway, today's post. Yesterday was my Nan's birthday and my Mum had bought her some presents but boring adult ones that she'd bought I wanted to do something that was a bit more thoughtful, quick, and easy to do.

I don't actually know the title of what this is called so I'm going to call it "Finger paint tape canvas" because realistically, that's what it is.

You will need:
  • A Canvas
  • Some different coloured paint (I used acrylic)
  • Paint sheets
  • Plate
  • Tape 

First of all, you choose what your canvas to say. I chose 'Love' a simple thing that anyone appreciate. Take some tape and stick it down in the shape of the letters.

Next, in your work space, set out your paint on a sheet with a plate to squirt your paint on.  

Then, choose some colours and squirt them onto your plate. Make sure your plate isn't a good one and you are allowed to get paint on it. 

Go Wild. Rub your finger and hands into the paint and make prints all over your canvas.

Before your paint dries, carefully peel off the tape to reveal the letters underneath.
 
 
This is a really simple and quick diy gift to make. You just wait for it to dry and it's good to go.

Hope you have enjoyed this idea, very fun but very messy, as long as you take care to cover the work area, it will be safe.
Enjoy.

Aoife











No comments:

Post a Comment