Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Barry M Gelly Nail Varnish & Glitter Notebook

Hello everybody,

I have a lovely little post for you today and I feel like it's been a long time coming to just post something. I had revision and all boring stuff so I'm not going to go into detail about all that stuff.

So, excitingly, I have some new nail varnish and a glitter notebook to show you which I bought on Friday and I just fell in love with them.

Side note: The second picture is probably the most accurate colour-wise if you want to know what they look like in the bottles. The others make them look a little darker than they are. Enjoy!

Look how pretty they look! There seems to be a bit of a colour theme...

These are the Gelly Hi Shine nail varnishes from Barry M. I've never seemed to bother with these before and I've never thought that I wanted to try them but I am going on holiday soon and I wanted my nails to look nice. I've never had it before but I considered shellac which would last me a longer period of time than nail varnish would but then I decided I couldn't commit to that because I'd want to change the colour.

I remembered that Barry M did these Gelly ones and so I went to town on Friday and got some, although the time it took me to choose 3 colours was unnecessary, I picked these three and I'm very happy with them.

This shade is called 'Green Berry' and to be honest, it's not quite the colour it looks on this picture. The second picture ^^ is probably the most accurate but it's a nice dark mint shade anyway.

This shade is 'Blueberry' and this is the one I was most excited for, I just loved the colour it looked in the bottle (see 2nd picture) and I am looking forward to wearing this.

There seems to be a bit of a name theme as well as a colour theme as this shade name is 'Huckleberry'. All the berries! This one is a nice one! I have worn this one this weekend and when I bought it I thought it would be a little bit too pale and hardly have any colour but it is a lovely pastel, powder blue. I am impressed with how this stayed on. Usually a nail varnish will only last me about two days if I don't put more than two coats of it on, then it will start to really chip and look awful because I become 20% more heavy handed when I have nail varnish on it would seem. I put this on on Friday and it's lasted me until today (Sunday) and I've just taken it off now.

Finally 'My Journal' from Paperchase it's so beautiful and I love it a lot. This has a bit of a story behind it so excuse the big paragraph. 
My friend, Sarah had a book similar to this kind last year. She wrote the date on every page and everyday she would bring it into school and draw something on the page of that day. I loved her book so much and we looked through it again the other day. I loved it that much it inspired me to do my own. We both decided we would do one or something similar to it this year BUT we had to leave it until after exams, so therefore this is our motivation. 
In September, I might be going to college and Sarah is staying at our school, although this saddens both of us, these books are going to be our way of keeping in touch with each other so we can still chat and arrange to see each other.

I'm going to bring this post to an end now and hopefully you have enjoyed reading it and my nail varnish might have given you some ideas for summer nail varnish and maybe my journal has inspired you to do one of your own.
I am very pleased with the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail varnish and I do recommend it with approx. two or three coats so it is thick and long lasting.

Thanks for reading and I apologise if each paragraph has been so lengthy.

See you soon

Aoife 


No comments:

Post a Comment