Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

20 Things You Can Find In My Room...

Hey Everyone,

I have a new post for you that I've been planning and it's 20 Things You Can Find In My Room. I quite like writing lists of things, but I did find it hard to think of 20 things that were in my room. I did however complete that task and I have them here for you now.

I was supposed to post something through the week from last weekend - I was going to post it on Sunday but that got postponed because I wrote my previous post about the Operation Beautiful Mission. I thought I would have left it too long to write it this week but I may post a small extra one with the pictures I took.

Without further ado, here is 20 things you can find in my room...

1. A big wooden 'A' for Aoife.

I love this, firstly because it stands for my name, but secondly, because I love the wood and I love that it is chunky and it's just a good size - in my opinion.
 
 
 
2. A small pink 'a' (that also stands for Aoife).
This is another little wooden ornament and I recieved this from my brother as a gift, it's really quite small but cute.
 
 
3. A collection of Momiji ornament dolls.
 
Party Girl

Rainbows (left) and Luckiness (right)

Valentine

Angel
 
This is my collection and a few close ups of 5 I have chosen. I have 12 and if you just counted and you're shouting at your screen "THERE'S 13!!" - the one on the furthest end isn't a Momiji. You can also see in the first picture the small 'a' in the middle (front) and the big wooden 'A' in the middle (behind).
 
 
 
4. A picture frame with a very colourful picture of bottles.
I took this picture in a cute little american sweet shop in Camden, London. I love this picture and here's a fun fact about it - the table they were on was around about my hip and I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures in the shop so I took this without looking. My nan got it printed for me anyway and put it in a frame as a present for me. So that's the story behind that.
 


 
 

5. My vintage camera collection.
These may be my favourite things in my room, I love them so much. I featured these in a blog post so if you want to see the story behind me getting these you can read that post here.
 
 
 
6. My 4 perfumes.


 
Firstly, I apologize that this picture isn't the right way around, for some reason I am unable to roatate it, but there they are - Selena Gomez - 'Selena' (back), Harajuku - 'Love' (left) and 'Music' (right) and finally Katy Perry - 'Purr'. I think it is easy enough for you to be able to tell which one is which.
 
 
 
7. Russell Howard Live box set.  

Volumes 1 & 2. Volume 1 - Russell Howard Live at the Bloomsbury Theatre.
Volume 2 - Russell Howard Live Dingledodies at the Brighton Dome.
I have watched these two DVD's countless times - I could tell you what joke he is going to tell next.
 
 
 
8. Nail Varnish collection box.

You must all know by now how bad I am for nail varnish and I do have lot, I havent counted them and inside the box they all look very messy but there is my main/favourite/newest 6. I couldn't pick a favourite - it depends on my mood to be honest. I've written blog posts featuring all of these except the lilac first one so you'll be able to find them if you fancy reading about them.
 
 
 
9. My toiletries/make up bag.
This is another bag of mess that I should really sort out, on the right, the bluey-greeney bag with yellow flowers on is from the latest issue of Company Magazine.
 
 
 
10. My Light.
I have had this light for what feels like forever. Because it is plain diamonds, when I change my room, it still goes with everything which is great but sometimes the patterns it makes on the ceiling and the walls annoy me a bit.
 
 
 

11.My  gadgets - Laptop, Samsung galaxy tab & phone.

This is probably my favourite view because I do love my technology and if you look closely on my laptop screen is this very blog post in preparation.

 
 
12. My technology things...

These are quite hard to describe as a whole. They're supposed to be in the drawer under my bed but I put them on my bed for this photo. We have an external hard drive, my camcorder, mini tripod, old camera box and a bag of sd cards etc.
 
 
 
 
13. DVD box.

This is my DVD box plus the 14 I can't fit in. I counted that all together around my room, I have 49 DVD's which is a lot and I still take at least 10 minutes deciding what to watch.
 
 
 
14. My drawer of books and writing pads.

On the top here you can see my travel diary (blog post here) and beside it (left) is my book that I plan my blog posts in.
 
 
15. Jewellery.
These are my main 5/6 items. Earrings, rings, bracelet. Blog Post here.
 
 
16. Patchwork Cushions.
These are two cushions covers that I made when my nan was teaching me how to use a sewing machine - I'm still not very good. I doubt I could do this again.
 
 
17. MY COMPANY MAGAZINES.
I have chosen the March, June and July issues. I love these magazines so much - they are definately my favourite. I am planning a blog post on them so I'm not going into much detail.
 
 
 
18. Socks.
These things often become a real nuisance around my room, when I take them off they stay in my bed, fall out, and then they're all over my room. As much as I love socks they get me in a lot of trouble for the place looking untidy.
 
 
 
 
19. Art/Craft Drawer
This is my drawer of arts and crafts things, most of the equipment I use to make things goes in this draw - glue, pencils, beads, paper etc. 
 
 
 
 
20. Memory Jar
This is my 2013 jar of memories and good things that have happened, I haven't really been keeping up with this lately and I have a lot to put in it but I have a post planned that I want to write about this so again, I'm not going to say much.
 
 
 
That's all for today, it's getting late so I'm gonna call it a night. I may post something else this weekend - we'll see, I'm not promising nothing.
 
Have a lovely weekend and goodnight/good morning to whoever is reading this.
 
 
Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment