Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

'Operation Beautiful' & Positive Post-its

Hello everybody, I'm sorry that I didn't post this on Friday or Saturday but I've had quite a busy and fun weekend, but anyway, I have a lovely post for you this weekend.

I found this website called 'Operation Beautiful' and it sounded interesting so I decided to have a look at it and boy, am I glad I did! Operation Beautiful is a mission, using Positive Post-its to stop negative self-talk or they call it 'Fat-Talk'. Straight away I thought it was an amazing idea and could see it being very successful. 
I immediately emailed the lovely lady, Caitlin, who is the editor for Operation Beautiful and asked for her permission to write about her mission on my blog for you all to join in and be a part of this change.

Kindly, she agreed and said of course I could write this, I am going to leave all the links below for any of you that are interested in being a part of it or even just going over to have a look and be inspired by her work and ideas.

I decided I would begin the mission myself and I have three examples of pictures I've taken over this weekend to encourage positivity. 






It is really simple to do if you want to start, all you need is a post-it note, or here i've just used some squares of paper, write on them and take a picture in a mirror e.g. in the toilets at a shop, in the toilets at the cinema, in a changing room mirror etc.
If you take your picture/s you can email them to Caitlin at Operation Beautiful I'll put her email address at the end.

I believe that Fat-Talk is a serious issue and there is people who I know in my own life that I have been worried about and as much as it annoys me when they Fat-Talk repeatedly, I know I should be annoyed because they need help to realise that they are fine the way they are, even if they are unhappy with a few minor things.

I think this is an important and such an inspirational thing to do.

I would like to end today's post by thanking Caitlin for her permission for me to share this with you all and I wish nothing but success for 'Operation Beautiful'.

Aoife


Links:

Operation Beautiful Homepage: http://www.operationbeautiful.com/


Caitlin's email address: operationbeautiful@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment