Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

"You Learn Something New Everyday"

Hello, happy Friday lovely lot,

As you have probably heard, people often use the phrase "You Learn Something New Everyday" I had a think about this and for this week I have made a list of something new I've learned each day. Whether these benefit you in anyway, that's a matter of your own opinion.

Monday:
I am older than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Wikipedia and YouTube. I'm 16 and that makes me feel OLD. I knew previously I was older than Google and I think Wikipedia surprised me the most because that's what I use to research historical figures so I though it was old.
You will never need this to benefit your life.



Tuesday:
On Tuesday, the Youth Theatre that I am a part of were visited by a screen and play write, Morris (sincere apologies as I have forgotten his surname and feel rude calling him by his first name only). After asking a few questions, "What do you do about writer's block?" shortly appeared. Morris gave us some advice for writer's block so if any of you reading this are aspiring writers and you suffer from this, take note. He advised that if you think you have writer's block, write something. As silly as it sounds, it is best to write something, it doesn't matter what it is, for example, you could write a quick shopping list, write a list of people you like/hate, get up from your desk and walk around your room or make yourself some tea or whatever you drink - this can often trigger your train of thoughts again.





Wednesday:
It is better to take a shower than a bath. Firstly because you are bathing in your own dirt, but also now that Global Warming is a worrying aspect of the planet, saving things as much as we can can benefit this. Taking a shower will waste less water. Even if you feel like you have been in there for a long time it will still be not yet enough to fill the bath.





Thursday:
People always remember the first and last thing they hear or read. This is extremely useful if you are coming up to exams in English in school, when you are answering, make sure you cram lots of good features in the beginning of your answer, maintain a high standard throughout and then finish with something that will stand out for the examiner.
Similarly when applying for jobs, writing out briefs about yourself or having an interview. Mention some very employable traits at the beginning and end so the employer remembers that.


Friday: 
The name 'Wendy' is a made up name. This was infact made up for the movie Peter Pan. before the film, there was no previous record of the name Wendy.
That's going to help you in no way whatsoever but it's something I've learned and I hope it is a new fact to you too.





Well guys, I know that was a little bit different but I hoped you enjoyed it, I did and I found it really interesting to remember new things you learn, even if they are useless rubbish.
I'll be back very soon guys, bye.


Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment