Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

Top 3 | Lipsticks

Hello everyone,

If I said I'd had this post prepared, I'd be lying. That's why you're getting it a day late but nevertheless, it's here.

Now I'm not one for high end beauty products, I much prefer finding the drugstore equivalent to what I'm looking for, and that's what I have for you today. My top 3 lipsticks that I wear the most.




Collection Gothic Glam 'Revenge', 2True Glossywear Lipstick '10' & Collection Lasting Colour 'Vintage Rose'.


This is the Collection Lasting Colour in the shade Vintage Rose. 
This is the most natural/nude shade that I have and I love it. When I don't wear much makeup or I just want my makeup to look quite natural, I like wearing this one because it's nice and simple.



I also like the packaging of the Collection Lipsticks.


It is a lot lighter than it looks in these photos but you can see that it's a pale pinky brown shade which is fairly natural for my skin tone.


This is the 2True Glossywear Lipstick in shade number 10. 
I've never had anything by 2True before but I quite like this lipstick. 

It is not very pigmented so it is quite pale but I like wearing it when I want to have a bit of colour but nothing too over-the-top.



The packaging is really simple, it has a clear circle on the top of the lid that you can see into.


I would say this photo is quite accurate to how it looks in real life but it doesn't come out this dark. As you can tell it is misshaped because I've used it a lot, but Vintage Rose has been a favourite lately.


This is the Collection Gothic Glam in the shade Revenge. And as you can see it doesn't look as 'Gothic' as you'd imagine. I am quite disappointed at how red this is on these photos because it's a lot darker than this is as you can tell from the colour swatches.

I really love dark lipstick and I feel like it's better on my lips that bright and bold colours, they're just not good on me.


This will probably be used a lot in Autumn and I think it's a really good Autumn/Winter colour.


Same lovely packaging as the previous Collection lipstick but this has a gold pattern.


I love Collection lipsticks and this one is definitely very pigmented, you only need to put this one quite gently and you have a really dark colour.


I hope you have enjoyed this post, little bit different from the usual but I thought this would be good to share, sorry to the male readers who couldn't care less about lipstick.
If you're looking for a nice, pigmented, drugstore lipstick, I'd recommend the Collection ones, they're usually around £3 which is great to experiment with what colours you like and seeing what suits you. Thankfully the ones I have, I like how they look on me and I will continue to wear Collection until it disappoints.
Thanks for reading.

See you soon

Aoife

P.s. I've made changed to the contacts page, different contact email so go and check that out and follow me on my social media - connellaoife on everything. 






No comments:

Post a Comment