Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Writing Letters

Hey everybody,

So I've been busy lately as it's been my birthday and I had a sleepover and party with my friends on Friday night and everything is kind of slowing down so I sat down today to write some thank you letters and I had been neglecting writing sets for a while. I already had the bow set but I had never used them and I saw the black and white ones while I was out shopping today and I had to bring them home with me.

When I got them both out, they were lovely paper and the envelopes were very different and unusual which I liked.

I really like writing to people and I have decided now that I'm going to write more often. Even if it's pointless things, it might mean a lot to the people you are writing to. I want to encourage you who is reading this to write more often, write to a friend, write to a family member who lives far away, write to yourself and open it in a few years. Write to somebody to ask how they are, or to tell them you love them, or maybe just to tell them you were thinking about them.









I think letters are great to keep and sometimes cards can get lost or thrown away so I decided to write each if my friends a letter to say thank you.

Another thing that I think is great is having a pen pal, for those of you who are unsure of the meaning of a pen pal, it means that you have a friend that you write to who may live far away or live in a different country. I think this would be great to do and for some of the students at my school, the teachers have set up pen pals so hopefully we will hear from them soon and we may get to visit.

Despite saying all this. I still think technology is great and I love having my blog to share things on but for the people you are close to, letters are special and personal.


I hope you have enjoyed this calm little rave about writing letters and I hope it has encouraged you to write a bit more, if your reading this now, I challenge you to get some paper and a pen and write something to someone and give/send it to them tomorrow.

Speak to you all soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment