Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

African Oyé Festival & Exciting Vintage Finds

Hello everybody,

I feel like I haven't posted in ages because since I've left school, I've been off everyday doing my own stuff and I feel like I should have posted by now. So that I don't run out of ideas I'm going to post once a week or maybe twice if I feel like.

Anyway, I've left this weekends post until today rather than yesterday because today I went to the African Oyé Festival so I wanted to post that this weekend. There also happened to be a Vintage Fair on, turned out to be a successful visit and I will get around to explaining why. I took my trusty companion along with me so there will be pictures - in which case, let's get to it.




There were lots of traditional things like this that I came across and I was mesmerised by the handmade things that the men and women had carved and created. 


These were cute parasols with lovely details and patterns on. I saw a girl sitting in the field with one and it looked lovely.

These were more things that had been made from wood and I just think they are so amazing.

These were huge bowls and plates - not to eat from - that I think had been made by the lady on the stall. I'm not sure what you used these for but they look good.


So as I mentioned at the beginning, I went to a Vintage Fair. I had this exciting find, flip lens sunglasses. I have seen people with these a few times and I think they're really cool and unusual so I bought them. I was also given a leaflet about the vintage fairs from the lady I spoke to on this stall. I'm led to believe it was run by Pillbox Vintage. They have a website where you can find out when their fairs are on if you live near them or around Merseyside in the UK - I'll leave their link at the end.


On an excitement scale of 1-10, I was a solid....8/9. How cute is it!?
This is the first model Kodak Brownie 127 from the 1950's - My other good find. I will be attending their fairs again to see what else I can find as I was very impressed and the people I spoke to were lovely too, good customer service!

So that's everything from today, I hope you've enjoyed reading and you got excited about those funky sunglasses and cute little camera. Unfortunately the weekends over so I can't wish you a lovely weekend but I hope it's been great and it's been lovely having you here.

See you soon

Aoife

Vintage Fair Website: http://www.pillboxvintage.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment