Pages

Saturday 19 July 2014

Summer Lookbook

Hello everyone,

So I've been working on this for about two weeks now and I've finally put together my first ever lookbook. This is kind of my first attempt at fashion blogging but it's something that I've been thinking about doing for a long time. It's not great by any means but I like it and although I pictured things differently, I like how some of the photos have turned out.

I have chosen 4 outfits, all very different styles and different looks depending on what you like to wear in summer.
I'll list the pieces I'm wearing at the end of each outfit. I'll also add links if I can find them.



This is my first choice of outfit. A tie dye swing dress, sandals, floppy hat, casual bag & sunglasses.





You may recognise this bag and watch from a previous post. I've used the bag to show how you could style it.

I've heard the term 'Birk-a-likes' been thrown around and I suppose that's what these are but I love these because they go with so many things and they're so easy to slip on.

And finally some sunnies. I think this is a good beach outfit or just a good outfit for a sunny day so sunglasses are a must. 
You may also have notices that there is a posing person with my camera in the lens of my glasses. That's Kayleigh. I'd like to say a big Thank You to Kayleigh for shooting these photos for me, I know how tiring and boring it got...sorry, and thanks.

What I'm Wearing:
Dress - Boohoo
Sandals - Primark
Bag - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark



This is my second outfit I chose. I have trouble explaining this one and why it has become how it is. 


I love how this outfit looks and I was immediately happy with the combination when I tried it. However, if it was sunny, you wouldn't wear a sweatshirt and if it was cold enough to wear a sweatshirt, you wouldn't wear shorts... Do you get my situation? 
Nevertheless, I like it and I'll wear it when I find a solution to my problem.


I paired these New Balance with this outfit as it's quite casual and the comfy sweatshirt needs some comfy shoes to go with it. I like the colour of these because you can get away with most colours to pair these with.

I accessorised this outfit with these flip-lens sunglasses, a casual zebra watch and powder blue nails.

What I'm Wearing:
Sweatshirt - Vintage/Thrift Shop find
Shoes - Office (Sale)
Sunglasses - Vintage find
Watch - Paperchase

This is my third outfit. I don't know about you but I personally still like to wear jeans in summer. I feel like it's nicer to wear a more summery top and just have casual bottoms.
Because these jeans are high-waisted, I felt a little bit more daring and I paired them with my cropped watermelon print vest. 


As you can see, I have chosen my white 'Birk-a-likes' sandals to go with this outfit to make it more summery. Also I wore mirrored lens sunglasses that you may have seen in this post.
I like this outfit because it's simple and I would wear jeans in any season of the year.

What I'm Wearing:
Sandals - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark



And this is my final outfit. I love this because it's such a comfortable, easy-to-wear outfit. 

Patterned trousers, simple vest with a pocket on the left, sandals, sunglasses.

Although it's summer, I still like to wear pants/trousers. These harem trousers are really light and thin so if you don't feel like wearing shorts or a dress, these are a really good choice.

I paired them with a black pair of birk-a-likes which I love. I don't feel like my black ones are as easy to put with things, I always seem to choose the white ones, but that's a personal preference and I like them with this outfit.

I also chose these sunglasses, which I've previously mentioned, to go with this outfit.

And finally I added a black velvet scrunchie, which looks a bit difficult to see on here because of the trees behind me, but I took the top and side pieces of hair and tied them back to keep my hair off my face and when it's sunny it's an easy way to keep cool.


What I'm Wearing:
Vest - F&F at Tesco
Trousers - Primark
Sandals - Primark
Sunglasses - Vintage
Scrunchie - Urban Outfitters - http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=5417411360038&parentid=WOMENS-HAIR-ACCESSORIES-EU
Lips - Tanya Burr Lipgloss in 'Chic' - http://www.superdrug.com/b/Tanya%20Burr#.U8gaJ5RdV6w mixed with Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 'Shade 01' - http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Lips/Lipstick/Rimmel-Kate-Lipstick-Shade-1/p/301252#.U8gahZRdV6w


I hope you enjoyed that, a little bit different from the usual thing I post but I really enjoyed trying it out and I hope I do some more fashion things. I hope this may give you some inspiration for summer outfits and experiment with pairing things together.

See you soon

Aoife







No comments:

Post a Comment