Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

The Serenity of Sunset

Ooh, look at this, a cheeky late Friday night post.

This was just something that's been on my mind for a few days and I wanted to share it. 
Fortunately, I am able to watch the sun set from my bedroom window every night. From around 6-7 O'Clock I'll watch it until it sets and the sky gets dark.

I love sitting/lying on my bed with my blinds open and no lights on waiting for the sky to go from blue to orange and pinks and the occasional bit of purple cloud sometimes. I think it's one of the most beautiful, peaceful, relaxing things to do/watch.

I've been taking some photos each night for about 3 days because I was half planning to write this and share them.

This one was taken through my window on my phone. This was just as set, you can see the orange glow central in the image and the sky was turning a dark shade of blue.


These two above are amazing. These are my favourite. I love the ombre sky, these photos are just so calming and relaxing. 


I was much cloudier when I took the above two but it still looks really good. The clouds are the separation between the yellow sun setting and the blue sky going dark.

I've made a pact with myself that I will go to the beach one evening and watch the sun set and take some pictures. But for now, that's all. If you can or if you're fortunate to have the sun set from your bedroom window, watch it one night and see how beautiful it is.

It makes me think about how beautiful and good the world can be, yet it's continually ruined by the bad people. I always say I want to move somewhere nicer and prettier but when you see the natural world, it makes you think just how beautiful it is even if you don't particularly like where you live.

It'll be nearly Saturday before I get this up if I keep rambling.

Goodnight, and have a great weekend!

See you soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment