Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

VW Festival 2015

Hello everybody,

So today I visited the Volkswagen Festival that was held in Harewood House in Leeds. It is an annual festival that is held to show and display VW cars and camper vans. As well as the vehicles, there were so many stalls which sold a huge variety of things. They also had plenty of entertainment, like street runners and mountain bike stuntmen and other things happening all day. Initially I didn't think there would be as much as there was, however, it ended up being a great day.




First of all, I stumbled across this cute little pale blue scooter on the way into the festival and was amazed by how unique and personalised it was. The body of the scooter from the inside to the front and all across the side of it was covered in different stickers from events and places all over the world that the owner had visited on it.


There were so many amazing artworks on some of the vintage VW Beetles, an example of one here which was great.


(And then the cuteness begins and I just give up writing having no words to say about these)
Look how cute and clean and polished this campervan is!


This was another cool one which I loved the colour of and I particularly like how simple, basic and vintage this is.


Another very very shiny, polished campervan but this time in a bold red colour. To me, this feels quite traditional, it looks how you would imagine the stereotypical campervan.


A lovely mint green and white coloured one which was another one of the many many vans that stood out for me. The windows were all small individual ones and it looked very summery walking past this and seeing all the windows open.


Ah! And this is some photographic evidence that I could never be in a circus. As great as it would sound to be in a circus, I just don't have the skill for it.
(You should have seen me on a unicycle, that was another story in itself...)


This is Harewood House itself in all its beauty. How beautiful does it look from all the way up on the hill I was standing on. The park was lovely, and huge, and this was a beautiful central building to it all.


After venturing on into the park through the courtyard, there were penguins in a pool so of course, I stopped for a while to admire these.


And to end the day, just before making the journey back home, I rekindled my love for Strawberry Ice Cream. This was as delightful as you can imagine (providing you're a strawberry ice cream fan)!


Well there's my day at the Volkswagen Festival, Leeds. I hope you have enjoyed having a read through this and a look at the photos, they are only a few of 150+ that I took throughout the day but I've tried to wrap it up as best I can into this post.
I hope to see you with another post next week.

See you soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment