Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

May Day Long Weekend - Sunday & Monday

Part 2 of May Day Weekend.


Sunday

On Sunday (5th May) I went on an adventure with my Mum. Mum woke up early and said she wanted to go somewhere so we decided to get saveaway passes and go on an adventure. 
We got the bus into town and got on a ferry across the water, I managed to get some lovely pictures of the view. We got off the ferry and got onto a train to Port Sunlight (google it, it's a lovely place) it's full of tudor houses and cottages. We also came across a Flea Market and after debating for a while, we decided to go in and have a look around and boy am I glad we did! I spent a while talking to a man who was selling some vintage cameras and after we had talked for a while he was able to give me for a good, cheap deal - which I am very grateful for, thank you sir - I bought a Halina 35X from the 1960's and a Kodak Brownie from the 1900's. I was very happy with them both and they're so cute. The Halina actually still works and I have some films for it now!

After that part of the day, we got a train to Chester and walked to the city centre, then to Chester Castle - if anybody is planning on going, I would not recommend it, there's not much to do there, nothing to really take pictures of and you can't go inside it when you get there, bit of a waste of time. So instead we walked back and walked along the River Dee which was beautiful and it was a lovely day so everyone was out eating ice creams and riding pedal boats and artist were selling paintings and drawing caricatures for people.

We then eventually got back to the train station and got the train back. We just made the ferry in time to return home and got a bus home from town.

Here's some of my pictures from that day and if you're following my instagram @connellaoife - you will have seen some pictures of the day and of my two new cameras.












Monday

Monday was May Day so everybody was off work and school etc, it was a lovely day so My Family & I decided to go to Southport for the day. 
We didn't actually do anything particularly exciting that I can talk about, there were some boats on the water that made lovely pictures and there were some people there on some old scooters (vespa, piaggio etc) and I loved them so I have a lot of pictures of them. So here they are.









So this has been my May Day Weekend, I hope you have enjoyed it and enjoyed looking at my pictures. I've had fun writing about these events and telling you what I've been up to. This has been a very long post so I'm gonna wrap it up here and say have a marvelous weekend and if you do something exciting, take some pictures and write about it if you have a blog or if you have a diary/book write it down, it's great to keep for memories.

I have an idea for next week's post so if I decide to stick with it, I'll have something nice that you all could start to make or maybe you already have and that's also a great thing for memories too!

Speak to you all soon, it's about time I finished this now, Adios

Aoife




No comments:

Post a Comment