Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

London: Monday 4th July - Sunday 10th July

Hello! I'm so very sorry I'm posting this late, but you'll understand once you've read Sunday's day!
It has been yet another week! The more I do, the less I have to do...obviously...?
First of all, thank you for such positive responses to last Sunday's post, I didn't think it was going to receive as well as it did, so thank you for your interest!
Secondly, lets get on with my week, many of you are gonna be disappointed by the lack of mishaps, I'm getting used to this whole 'be professional, Aoife!' thing now!


Monday 4th July

So I woke up feeling a little nervous to go to work again and start the week, but I was soon calm and ready to head out.
I did so, and generally my work day was enjoyable.

I went out to shadow a meeting around 10am and jumped on the tube down to Soho. That finished around 12pm and myself and 3 collegues went to get lunch while we were out.


Some weird, fancy 'pizza', it was one of them places, you know, where all the menu is written half in English with bits of Italian or French etc, and they have to use the fanciest word for things - something I always find particularly humorous is how there's no posh word for tomato so it's always massivly out of place on the menu! For example, they couldn't have called this "Cheese & Tomato Pizza" cause that's way too easy. Instead this was called "Mozzarella & Tomato Pizzette" - see what I mean about "tomato"! Anyway, they didn't do chips, cause again, that would be too easy, so this was eaten with Roasted Baby Potatoes.

The rest of the day I was working non stop which has its pros and cons, but hey, I was occupied!

Once I'd got off the bus to walk home, I popped into Tesco again (wahoo) to buy some cake because Monday was my Dad's birthday so I celebrated for him down here! Side note: I left Tesco with a Raspberry Swiss Roll - I'm such a let down. But it tasted good.

The rest of the night was just spent making calls, FaceTiming with my family and ironing clothes. The evening parts are always the most exciting to read aren't they, eh?



Tuesday 5th July

Tuesday seems like a bit of a blur because I was actually busy all day so I was occupied and have very little to say about it...


Not a lot of work day stuff to tell, except on the way home I got some good reduced bargains in Tesco...god I need to do some stuff!
I got back to the flat and was kindly greeted by a box of chocolates, chocolate is like my favourite thing and these were great!!



I did some washing and made a pretty good chicken curry and rice, it was worth sharing.


Pilau rice if you're asking "Why's its yellow?", and quorn chicken if you're asking "But you don't like meat?". Yeah, gotcha! I'm one step ahead!

I actually think I only watched one Breaking Bad episode last night, I dont know what the hell else I did...and then Taskmaster started at 10pm so I watched that literally until my eyes were forcing themselves shut!


Wedneday 6th July


So we are allowed to go and help ourselves to Toast and Fruit for breakfast in work in the morning, so I thought I'd go and take advantage of my opportunity, I got butter on one and peanut butter on the other...terrible mistake to say the least.

So once I'd finished applying said toppings, I, as I do, embarrassed myself by asking the woman behind the counter "Where do I put this knife?" To which she replied by pointing to the pot of dirty knives sitting on the counter that I was standing right next to. Another smile, walk away and forget..


The rest of my day was pretty quick as I finished all my work by lunch time.

Wednesday evening was filled with nothing very interesting except a lovely FaceTime call from my Auntie, Uncle and Cousins, and a refreshing shower which felt very much needed after yesterday's humid, sticky weather.



Thursday 7th July

So, similarly to Wednesday, Thursday went pretty quick as I'd done most work by lunch time, I had some bits to do when I got back to my desk and a meeting about a project I'm working on at 1pm.



Because I usually go for lunch at 1pm, I had to go at 12pm instead so I took myself to McDonalds and beat the horrendous queues!


I picked up this little Raspberry & White Chocolate Danish in my lunch too but that was saved for later because I literally could not eat another thing!

The rest of the work day went pretty slow and boring now and then but I got home and made spaghetti bolognese which was a nice change!

Again, another evening where not a lot happened and I enjoyed every minute of it! Haha!



Friday 8th July

So Friday morning was a bit of a rush...I woke up at 6:45am, as usual, and I set another alarm for 7:00am just to say "Okay get out of bed now". They both went off and I woke up wanting to "finish my dream", so from what I can only assume, I fell back asleep to do so and woke up at 7:20am, panicked and rushed around! I did make it into work on time!


I went to listen in to a meeting until about 10am and then got on with some work, which was boring, but ended in me watching gameplay of different videogames on YouTube, yeah, I know, I work so hard!

Lunch time wasn't as looked forward to, as usual, because in the mornings, when I've finished my breakfast, I make my lunch and have a tendency to not put much food in because im "not hungry" ...well duh, cause I just ate breakfast..! So, again, another regretful decision, so I decided I'd go for a wander at lunch time. Instead of the usual leave the building and turn left, I turned right. I went for a little walk and came across a cool little market happening in a small cobbled street. Being in the adventurous mood I was, I took a walk down and it was lovely, the sun wasn't shining, but it was warmer outside than it was at my desk!

I decided I'd search for my nearest Tesco and discovered it was 0.2 miles away, which in time was about a 5 minute walk. So rightly so, I was over the moon and continued my adventure. Incase youre wondering, I bought a Watermelon and Grape fruit pot which came with a "berry drizzle" (I don't know..?), some bourbon biscuits, a packet of Snickers and a packet of Coconut & Vanilla popcorn. I already knew they were going to be nice!


So for the rest of the day, I finished the work from this morning and did some work for the guy that sits next to me. 

After work I headed off to Kings Cross St Pancras Station to collect some train tickets I'd booked in work, got caught in crazy rush hour people-traffic and then safely returned home about 6:30pm.

I'm not entirely sure what I did for the rest of that night, it can't have been much other than eat some more Spaghetti Bolognese and Garlic Bread - and it certainly was bread cause our oven's rubbish so forget 'golden brown'.



Saturday 9th July

A face from home! On Saturday, Ryan, a friend from home came to visit me for the day. He came about 10am and left about 6pm, I was so busy, so tired and so warm. It was a pretty humid, sticky day, ew.

We began the day by taking a walk right around Hyde Park, underestimating the heat and the distance, which didn't work well...







We then carried on walking and went down Oxford Street into a couple of shops, and then jumped on the tube at Oxford Circus along to Leicester Square.

We were about to walk past M&M World, but decided to just pop in and see what an M&M shop would look like....and I sure am glad we did! It had 4 floors of chocolate, gifts and merchandise which I didn't even know existed!






Carrying on exploring, we walked from Leicester Square to Regent Street and ended up around the beautiful streets of Carnaby Street.



We then headed for lunch which took about an hour and a half to decide, but mutually settled on Nandos.


Next, we jumped on the tube to Charing Cross, heading for Trafalgar Square and stumbled across a huge Indian Festival, which we overheard someone say it was to celebrate the end of their Ramadan period.

We could see the London Eye from where we were so headed that way for the Thames. We accidentally stumbled across The Mall leading to Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, ending up looking over the bridge at the London Eye.



We continued, and walked down, along past the London Eye and over another bridge to Westminster Station which we got on the tube to Baker Street.


We walked around for a while and then Ryan called his parents to see where we should meet them, the answer was Westminster Station, so we very easily jumped back on the tube from Baker Street and along to Westminster.

Once I'd done that, I headed home and got my pyjamas on and got the quilt onto the couch about 8 o'clock.

I wasn't hungry on Saturday night so didn't make any dinner, but decided at 10pm I wanted toast. So, to avoid waking the other people in the flat, I brought the toaster, the butter and jam into my room, prepared my toast, and silently replaced everything! Success!


Sunday 10th July

This morning was an early rise (for a Sunday) at 6:45 to prepare myself to leave at 8:00am for my train to Leicester. I was off on business trip to watch what goes on behind the scenes of a brand film shoot and interviews etc.

I caught my train at 9:30am and arrived at Leicester around 11:00am, jumped in a taxi from the station and headed to the location.

The day was very long, very cold and very windy. We didn't get off site till 9pm and then it was back to the hotel for some food. That wasn't very long, I was so tired, I went and got a warm shower at 11pm and got in bed for a 5:45 rise....

You see how when I said "you'll understand once you've read Sunday's day" I have hardly even had a chance to look at my phone!
Again, apologies that this has been posted late, all should be as usual next week!

Hope it was another enjoyable post, see you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment