Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

3 Easy Summer Hair Ideas

Hello everybody!

So while the English weather still grants us rain, it is August and it is Summer. We are beginning to see more of the sun now and then but as it may be sunny already where you are, I have a summer based post for you today.

I have fairly short hair now and although it's become a lot easier to leave it and not worry about it too much, when I want to do something with it, I can never do it because of the length. As I have curly hair, it can become quite frizzy and very hot.

I have put together some Summer Hair Ideas that are easy to do and they might give you some ideas for different things to do with your hair in Summer.


So this is a cute kind of twisted/rolled hairstyle. 

What I did was really simple.
First, part you hair centrally or however you want it, then take a small piece from each side and clip it back. Then I decided to backcomb a piece of hair from the back to give the top a bit more volume. Next you just take a bobble/hair band and tie all of your hair together into a low ponytail. Now you have to loosen the ponytail a little bit by digging your fingers behind the bobble and pulling it out making a hole, then, tuck your ponytail into the hole and make it even across the bottom of your head. To secure it and stop it from coming back out, stick two bobby pins/hair grips into the top of the roll.

I like this because it keeps my hair off my neck and stops it from making me hot when it is humid or sticky.

I think it's a nice, easy, casual look and I think it could look good with a flower crown but I don't one of them.




This next look may depend on whether you have layers in your hair or not, in which case plaits mightn't work for you, but if not this is a nice hair idea to go for.


I never wear plaits and I never thought I would once I'd had my hair cut but I really like how this looks. 



I also really like that this keeps my hair off my neck and my hat keeps me cool. It would also be a useful idea in the sun because while it's keeping you cool, the hat is also protecting your face and neck from the sun.




This last one is my hair straightened! I never wear my hair straight, it only ever gets straightened when I go to the hairdressers to get it cut.

It's surprisingly really easy to manage because there is a lot less frizz and curls and I think if you didn't normally wear your hair straight, with a bit of getting used to and a lot of heat protection spray, it could be a good hair idea.


I have chosen to do a half-up-half-down style because I like that my hair is off my face but it still looks like I've made a bit of an effort with it because it's down.
This is pretty self-explanatory but if  you haven't done it yourself before, just take the top piece of your hair and tie it like a ponytail and leave the bottom half down for the length.


I hope this has been a nice post to read with lotsa pictures to look at. I wanna give a little shoutout and a thanks to my friend Sarah for helping me with these looks and giving me advice for different things to try, much appreciated!

I hope this has given you some inspiration for some easy, cool, summer hair looks and you may want to try some of these.

See you soon

Aoife








No comments:

Post a Comment