Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

College Gift Box

Hello everyone,

Today's post is gonna be a bit more of a personal one but you may still enjoy it because it contains lots of stationary pieces that I like.

So I'm at the stage in my life right now where I'm going into my final 2 years of education. I'm staying at the school I'm currently in to study my a-levels but Kayleigh is going off to college. Now, it hasn't properly hit me yet that she is going somewhere else, but I think it will when I go back and she's not there.
For those of you who don't know, Kayleigh is my best friend and she's been mentioned in posts before, so this is a pretty big change for us.

I wanted to do something nice for her and I didn't think a letter would be quite enough to say Good Luck & See You Soon, so after a long time of brainstorming some ideas I thought of something I really liked and I have finished preparing it now.

What I've decided to do is to put together a box of pieces of stationary that Kayleigh can take to college with her, just some essentials that I thought she may need.



So this is the inside of the box, it's just a plain white box that I bought from Ikea (and constructed myself, might I add.)
I am happy with the way it's come together, it's better than I imagined...I didn't really have an idea in my head what it would be like to be honest.

I bought this notebook which I think she will like. It's quite a good size so it should fit whatever size bag she is going to take. I thought that maybe she won't use school exercise books any more so she can take notes for her subjects in here. 

Then I bought some pens. Now, we have a black, blue, red & green biro and then we have some that are a bit more exciting. There's a light blue, pink, light green & purple. I thought these would be good for colour coding things instead of going crazy with vibrant highlighters, which I know she likes to do.....it bothers me....sorry Kayleigh...
And also some pink/purple pencils - I'm going to say pink because pink & green ended up being my colour scheme.

Then some other essential pieces of stationary. Sticking to my colour scheme, a pink rubber, a green flexible ruler, a green stapler - which is an absolute nuisance because it keeps being temperamental and popping open. There's also a sharpener and a correction pen because we all need them in our lives. 

I also found some of these mini highlighters featuring a questionable purple one....I would imagine that would be to dark to highlight something but anyway, I thought these would be a good size to fit in her pencil case or whatever she decides to use.

Lastly, some post-it notes. Aren't these cute, I think she will be quite impressed with these speech bubbles, I was impressed anyway and I like that they're different sizes too.



So that's all that I've included in my box, I need to get this too her before I upload this so I don't spoil it. I hope she likes it and most importantly I hope it is all useful for her, except that bloody stapler that's useful for no-one! I've also included a letter but that's not going to be shared.

Kayleigh, if you're reading this - which I presume you will do - I hope you have an amazing time in college and you achieve everything you want and are happy and successful in everything you do. Unfortunately, you haven't got rid of me completely, I'll still be here, you just wont have to deal with me everyday. I wish you the best of luck and lots of love.


See You Soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment