Pages

Saturday 2 August 2014

July Favourites

Hey everyone,

So this Saturday fell on the perfect day to do a July Favourites as we've just welcomed August. I've never done a favourites post before and I was really excited, except the things I wanted to talk about were fairly new and hadn't been used and loved enough (so expect an August Favourites).

I did however remember a few things that I still love that I bought at the beginning of the month or have entered my life during the month.



(I'm not sure how my hand has appeared considerably darker on this photo than the rest.)
My first favourite this month is this moisturiser. It's the SkinSystem Young Skin moisturiser that I picked up when I was in Asda at the beginning of the month.
I particularly love this because it is matt, I have quite oily skin and I find that when I use other moisturisers, I just look really shiny and greasy. I've also tried the Young Skin Foaming Facial Scrub and I wasn't highly impressed but I am going to pick up the Foaming Face Wash and give that a try.

Mr George Ezra, you did good! I have been waiting to share this album for a good few weeks now but I thought no, save it for the July Favourites. 
This is George Ezra's 'Wanted on Voyage' debut album and I love it. He has one of those voices that doesn't match his face....if that makes sense to you. You just wouldn't expect him to sound the way he does.
If you've heard his music before, you may know him from his debut single 'Budapest'.

I thought, right, I can't just say the album's great, go and listen to it, I have to recommend some songs that are personal favourites so you can share the love for George Ezra too.
So the 5 songs I am going to recommend to you are:
- Blame It On Me
- Listen To The Man
- Song 6
- Blind Man In Amsterdam 
- Da Vinci Riot Police
So they're only a few songs that I love the sound of. Obviously your taste in music might be different to mine and you may really love a different song I haven't mentioned so if they don't appeal to you, have a listen to the other songs too.

This next favourite is a programme. Mayday aired in the UK on BBC as a TV mini-series in 2013. I enjoyed it so much that I got the dvd. It is a murder mystery about the death of the 'May Queen' on the celebration of Mayday but a lot of stories unfold in the process of finding the killer.
This is only series 1 and in my opinion there were too many unanswered questions so I'm praying for a second series and I did hear a rumour that they may make a second series, however, there is mixed opinions on whether the story has been told and you have to just get what you're given. 
Well worth a watch if you're interested and I would suggest that you do incase they make series 2 and then you will understand what has happened/ is happening.

And finally, another programme. Friday Night Dinner. It is a British comedy sitcom and it's about what happens at their house every Friday Night. 
I heard about this a while ago and I wanted to watch it but never really did, so last Friday it was on and I thought I'd see what it was like. Best decision I ever made! I absolutely LOVE it. They're already on their 3rd series so I spent the whole of last weekend watching series 1 & 2 and what I had missed of 3.
I love Simon Bird anyway (bottom left), I think he's really funny and I loved him in The Inbetweeners. It's a similar kind of humour but not as rude because it based around the family, strong language nevertheless. 


I hope you've enjoyed that and it's given you a few ideas if you want to watch something new or listen to some new music etc. I have enjoyed it and no doubt I'll be doing a favourites post for August.

See you soon

Aoife


No comments:

Post a Comment