Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

Current Playlist

Hey everyone,

So I thought I'd share some songs that I've been loving lately. I usually over play songs and just listen to albums but lately I've introduced myself to some new music and as I have a Samsung phone, I've explored the music on the play store to find some songs to listen to.

I haven't done these in any particular order, just in the order I wrote them down in my phone. I love most of these songs and I feel like it's going to be a regular thing throughout this post for me to say "I love this song" so just prepared yourself for that.




All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
This song was released in June this year and it is her debut single. I have discovered it 2 months later and I LOVE IT. I love her voice, I love the beat of the song & I love how sassy the lyrics are. Also, how amazing is that single cover. 
It's a really fun, feel good song and it has a great message.


If I Go - Ella Eyre
This was released in July this year so it is still a fairly new song. I have heard it before on the radio but I've never properly listened to it so I thought I would, yet again, another brilliant decision, well done Aoife.
I love her voice and how powerful she sounds. I feel like it's one of those songs that I can sing and release my inner popstar and just go for it.


Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
So when I first heard this song I was a bit unimpressed so I let the hype calm down a bit and I thought okay, I'll give this a chance. Now I like it. Nicki Minaj's part is my favourite, if I'm honest, I think I'm put of by how screechy it is, Jessie J and Ariana Grande both have quite high pitched, screechy voices and my ears don't like that. Nonetheless, it's been on my current playlist.



I'm Not The Only One - Sam Smith
Mr Smith has done it again, released yet another amazing single.
I am a big Sam Smith fan, I wouldn't usually consider myself I big fan but when I think about it, I do love his voice and his songs and I've watched interviews and videos of him so I think I'm a secret fan. 
Anyway, this is a lovely chill out, slow song and I recommend you give it a listen or a download. 
Before I move on, can we just discuss how this was released in the USA before it is in the UK even though Sam Smith himself is from the UK. You American lot get everything first!!!! 


Good Thing - Sam Smith
Oh look at that, another Sam Smith song.
This is another slow one and I like the message behind it too, it's sad one but the songs a good 'un. Give it a listen. In fact, probably just listen to the whole album. 
I'm doing it, I'm going to recommend the whole album.
In The Lonely Hour - Sam Smith's debut studio album, go and listen to it, buy it, download it, I don't care what you do, you won't regret it. We all know 'Stay With Me' & 'Money On My Mind' and how successful they were, go and see the rest. See..? Listen.



Cool Kids - Echosmith
This song is so good, I have the normal version and the acoustic version.
It's not new, it was released last year, but I still love it and no doubt you will too. I don't have a preferred version, listen to either, or both. 
It has quite a timeless message about wanting to be like the cool kids and fit and one that can be quite relatable to some people.


Tonight (We Live Forever) - Union J
I'm not a Union J fan but everytime they bring a single out I always love it. and this one, I LOVE. I love feel good songs with good beats and this is one of them.
The videos a good 'un too, I like it a lot.


Glow - Ella Henderson
I love Ella Henderson's voice. I think she is so amazing. 
Glow is her second single but hasn't yet been released, although the video has so you can go and watch that on youtube.
I absolutely loved Ghost when that was released and I still do but I loved it so much that I was mildly disappointed by Glow, I do still like it and recommend that you listen to it but for me, it doesn't compare to Ghost.


Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith
Oh how I love Paloma Faith. This song was released in May this year and I've listened to it a few times but never actually downloaded it, so I did, and I have no regrets, she lives up to the expectations and I love this song a lot.
If you haven't heard it yet then go and listen to it, or watch the video, and then you'll see what I mean.



Young Volcanoes - Connor Ball (cover)
So Connor from The Vamps covered Fall Out Boy's 'Young Volcanoes' while over in America. I forgot about this song until I rediscovered it when Connor covered it (that rhymed) and I remembered how much I loved it. I've played this song about 5 times everyday since Wednesday.
It's one of them songs that you can't help but sing & dance to and I love Connor's acoustic version of it. If you want to watch/listen to this cover you can do so on The Vamps' Youtube Channel or by clicking here.



So there you go! 10 songs that make up my Current Playlist.
It feels like this has taken me forever to finish writing - let's pretend I didn't play each song as I wrote about it and got carried away dancing and singing instead of writing....

I've have really enjoyed writing today's post and I hope you've enjoyed reading it, maybe I'll do more things like this in the future, we'll see.

Thanks for reading and if you listen to any of my song choices, enjoy 'em & you're welcome.

See you soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment