Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

A Birthday Gift Idea: For Dad

Hello everybody, 

It was recently my Dad's birthday and with my family and friends I tend to make them things that are meaningful rather than buy something just for the sake of it. 
This does include my Dad and if there's nothing in particular that a Dad likes then it can become quite difficult buying him something and often even more of a challenge trying to think of something to make, however, I am willing to accept these challenges.

I am going to share with you all the gift I made for my Dad this year, for some of you, you will look at it and think "That's a great idea Aoife" and you might try it, others will read this and think "That's a silly idea" but that's okay. For those of you who may like it, I am going to continue.

I made a folder/scrapbook that was personal to my Dad and I. I decided that it was about time we started to make a record of wherever we go or whatever we do. I knew that when my Dad gets old, I never want him to forget the things we did together and when I'm old, I want to look back and remember how much fun we had and I thought this would be a great way to do so. I also told him that he has to show his grandchildren all our adventures and likewise, I am going to show mine. We made a pact that we are both going to be in every single photo, even if we don't want a photo - it's my rules i'm afraid.





I went out and bought my equipment and I can tell you, this is quite a cheap gift and process to do - especially on low budget. I was say in total, this came to about £5. Luckily, I found this lovely plain ring binder for £1, and then I bought 2 packets of plain white card which came to about £2-£4. I didn't have a hold punch so I had to buy one but if you already have one then that's great!

In the final picture you will see that I have made a cover page from A4 brown paper explaining to my Dad what this scrapbook is all about, how he has to show his grandchildren, and how I want us both to be able to look back on all of our memories in the years to come.

I hope you liked this idea and you think you may want to use it. I want to make a series out of this and do 'A Birthday Gift Idea: For...' and show you different projects I have worked on myself for a family member or friend.

Have a lovely weekend, we are currently having lovely sun, so if you have sun too, enjoy it, or be boring like me and sit inside on my laptop or tablet or my phone. oops...

Speak to you all soon, goodbye!!!

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment