Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Festival Party

Hey everyone,

I know I said I would have lots more posts coming now that I'm off for six weeks and you may be confused as to why you haven't seen any, well, that's because the ones I knew I had planned happened on Friday.
Myself and 9 friends had a festival themed party at Kayleigh's house in her garden. Myself and Kayleigh made festival decorations and tried to brighten the garden up.



We made bunting with vibrant paints, hand prints and aztec stencils. We made them so they alternated between black and white, punched two holes at the top of each one and threaded string through them to hang up.  

We also decorated the fence with cut out wellies that we dipped in bright paint. On the back of each one of these we wrote Thank You's for each of our friends that came to the festival and put the date on them for everyone to remember the day.

To brighten the other side of the garden we made multi-coloured paper chains and spread them across the garden. Also, we made big daisy chains - the chain out of pale green paper and the daisies from white card and pink and yellow watercolours  (below).


This is a Photo Booth with a Polaroid Picture Frame that we also made for us to take pictures with our friends in and it turned out to be quite popular and people enjoyed that. You can see above the frame the Photo Booth sign we made again with hand prints and a camera that we cut out.



We also had a lot of fun with bubbles and despite being 'too old' for bubbles, I had more fun than I should have. I believe you're never too old for bubbles.

As you can see in this picture and the one below, I was fascinated by the colours they turned when you looked up at them in the sky, I had to resist the temptation to run after them and pop them for these pictures, although it is quite nice to watch them fly away together. 


These two pictures were taken after Kayleigh decided to put her hands in blue paint and put hand prints on her legs. Below, she is wearing Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours 'Popcorn' - recommended by yours truly - which seems to go very well with blue hands.


I made a campfire out of a disposable barbecue and a burning log for us all to sit around and I am quite pleased with this picture because I didn't think it would turn out very well without the flash (which ruined the effect of it being dark).


Marshmallows around the campfire, how stereotypical of us. It was fun though until they burned but I managed to take mine out before it burned.

After this we sat and talked for a bit and listened to music without waking the neighbours and then we all got into the tent I had previously prepared for us and we talked for a bit  in the there and then went to sleep.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this and looking through the pictures that I have shared. Speak to you very soon.

Aoife







No comments:

Post a Comment