Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Festival LookBook

Hello everyone, 

So as you are aware if you read my previous post, I had a festival themed party with my friends. Because we had a theme, out outfits were a big part of preparation so we looked like we were dressed for a festival. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do a Festival LookBook, this is the first one I have ever attempted and this is a bit different from normal lookbooks because I just took pictures of outfits without my friends being on the pictures. Before I start, I just want to thank everyone for agreeing to do this for me so I could write this post.



This is a cute, blue themed festival outfit made up of a skirt pinafore and patterned t-shirt. The t-shirt is black, white & pale blue, the pinafore a light denim paired with yellow nails (not pictured).


This is a lovely simple idea for a festival outfit. Plain, short sleeved, block coloured red top with pale denim-grey shorts.

Paired with simple black and white converse and a pretty daisy anklet with (below) a long, black feather necklace, a range of blue bracelets and pale blue nail varnish. Effortless festival 


Another effortless pretty outift, blue and denim. Simple, thin top with simplistic pattern, teamed with light denim high-waisted shorts.

A few bracelets to accessorize and impressive ombre pink nails. I think this pink shade is complimented well by the slight olive skin tone.



This outfit is a lovely summery aztec print dress. Only being quite light, this dress is a good choice for festival type events or days in the sun. I love the colours in this and I like how the aztec is horizontal on the top and vertical on the lower skirt half.

Very well teamed with a turqouise/dark mint vintage necklace and simple dark pink nails and some simple jewellery.  


I think this is a very summery, girly festival outfit. I like that it is simplistic and seems effortlessly fashionable. A plain white floral lace top with some ripped shorts and a brown belt, and brown/tan shoes.


Topped off with a delicate white flower headband in contrast to dark hair.

I'm sure everyone would agree with me that best dressed has to go to this outfit - nothing says festival more than this. A white shirt and denim skirt with red wellies (below) with jewellery and accessories to make it look even better.


This proves that accessories can make an outfit look a whole lot different. A few rings, two two-finger rings, a small top-of-the-finger ring and a thumb ring. The bracelets bring a lot of colour and I like the range of colourful beaded bracelets on one wrist and some other bracelets tied to the other.

What a trendy way to wear sunglasses and bandana if not on your head. This gave it a unique look and a festival vibe. 

This 'World Peace' mixed necklace with a small coloured globe helped the shirt to stand out and give it a bit of colour and excitement.

To finish it all off, a big, dark leopard print hat which was perfect with dark hair and a dark skin tone.

Another cute festival outfit, simple top and shorts with black hunter wellies.


Again, some added jewellery to add to the look and give it some colour and draw more attention to the top.

Another lovely summer coloured outfit, bright floral shorts paired with a good choice of plain top to prevent a pattern clash and keep the attention draw to the shorts. Very simple but summery.

Navy converse, again, to keep it simple and (below) blue nails to match the colour of the shorts with very little jewellery so the wrists aren't bare. Also (below) a beige, neutral hat with brown band to make the top half of this outfit more lively.



Another cute and plain outfit, white shirt with lace around the collar and dark denim shorts. An outfit like this is good because you are able to go for any colours to brighten it up - whether that be nail varnish colour or jewellery and bracelets.

As you can see, pink converse and blue nail varnish have been chosen with some multi-coloured rubber bracelets and a petite ring with a small diamond. Additionally, the super cute little daisy flower crown has made a difference to the outfit in helping to look more appealing and festival themed.



This final outfit is my own. I have chosen a washed denim jumpsuit, again, with denim you can go for any colour theme to brighten it up. I chose black and white checkered slip-on vans and a black and white striped bow which I made for my hair.



My nails are all blue - Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours 'Pop Fiction' which I have featured in posts before - all except one nail with is grey - MUA 'Koala Bear' topped with clear glitter nail varnish - Rimmel London 'Disco Ball'. This was a nightmare to get off (as glitter nail varnish always is) but I must point out that the 'Koala Bear' shade from MUA goes on really thin, I had to apply about 3-4 coats to get a proper colour but it depends how you like it, you made need more, you may need less.


I do hope you have enjoyed reading it and you deserve some sort of prize for reading this far down, this may have been the longest post I have ever written and it did become tiring but I love writing these posts for you so I will continue, hopefully the content didn't become too boring and you liked looking at the different looks you could go for for a festival or a party.
I'm not sure what is going to come next so I can't give you an idea because I don't know myself but all I know is I will speak to you all soon.

Aoife




No comments:

Post a Comment