Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

Summer Nail Ideas

Hello everyooone!

I have a lovely summer themed post of nail ideas for you! I was painting my nails and you know how I love nail varnish, although oddly, I hate actually painting them, I just doing enjoy it but then I get to wear the colour and it is all worth it.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to jazz up the one colour look I usually go for with some summer patterns or just a bit of additional colour. I have chosen 3 quick and easy patterns or designs I want to show you and maybe inspire you to copy them or do some of your own.



These are the colours and nail varnishes I used for these designs. The first one is the Seventeen 'Mint Choc Chip' and the other three are Nail Art Pens, blue, white and pink. I have used the same mint green/blue for all of the bases.

This first one is some pink flowers with white centres. A really simple but pretty design.
  1. Paint your base colour - two coats recommended - and wait for it to dry.
  2. Choose a colour for the centre of your flowers and paint a variety of dots on your nail, not too many as you don't want to over do it.
  3. Finally, take your second colour for the petals and paint a few dots around your centre one and you are done.

The second design is very simple but I think it looks nice with just a bit of colour.
  1. Apply base colour like before.
  2. Choose a colour for the two stripes (I have chosen white) draw with nail art pens or thin brushes, two lines with a reasonable gap between them.
  3. Choose your second colour (I chose blue) and draw your line in between the two previous ones - done.


This last one is an aztec inspired design, I am going to practice some more aztec designs but with black - I felt that wasn't very summery right now so I went with this.
  1. Base colour
  2. Paint two lines of whatever colour you choose (I have white) across your nail - like the second step on the white and blue striped design. 
  3. Using your (white) pen, paint a zig-zag aztec pattern between the two lines.
  4. Taking another colour (i have pink) fill in the triangular shaped spaces in the zig-zag.
To finish, I have dotted blue along the top but that is optional of course.


I hope you have liked this and I seem to be getting quite excited for summer. Do try these and see what you think or have a go at creating some of your own if you're the arty type.
Enjoy the weekend and don't forget to take a relax - like I mentioned in my previous post - from routine if you have been busy lately or just if you feel like you need some time to think and be calm.

Adios,

Aoife  


No comments:

Post a Comment