Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

A Birthday Gift Idea: For A Friend

Hey, 

You may have previously read my post on a birthday gift for my dad this year and I explained how I wanted to make a series out of it, I remembered I had taken a picture of the gift I made for a friend's birthday this year. Unfortunately, I only have the one picture of it and not the step by step pictures of how I did it because I wasn't actually planning a post on it, nevertheless, I am going to continue this post anyway.

This is Crayon Initial Art




My friend's name is Derryn, therefore, a 'D' was relevant. this was my first attempt at this so it isn't great but I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. As you can see, I have chosen different shades of colours so that they blend into each other and gradually come around to red that I began with.
I saw something similar on Pinterest which I absolutely love, if you use that, you'll know that it is great for almost everything. I will let you know when I get ideas from Pinterest and I do often have a browse through it when I'm looking for ideas, it's just great in general and if you don't use an iPhone, it is available online too. Please feel free to go on over there and follow me, my contact info is on the 'Contact' page, but for now, my Pinterest username is connellaoife.

I am thinking about doing another one of these for a different friend so I'll take some step by step photos if I decide to go with that idea.
If you have previously read my Birthday Gift Idea post, don't get me wrong in thinking I don't like it when gifts are bought for me. I believe that if that person has bothered to even think about getting you a present then I appreciate that, the fact that they have thought about it it enough and I appreciate that they might not be a very creative person or they might not enjoy doing art and crafts. Now that that's clearer up, I hope you have enjoyed this part of my series too and look forward to me doing future ones.

Aoife




No comments:

Post a Comment