Pages

Sunday 21 April 2013

Dear Future Self...

(Let's say 10 years)

Dear Future Self,  

I always wonder what you're like. I've never met you, but I'm excited to see what you are actually like, if you're anything like Past Self I won't be impressed. Hopefully you're happy and you're doing something that you like and you enjoy. You'll be almost 26 so I hope you have decided by then what you want to do with your life. I'd like to think you're still writing this blog for me but I feel that is unlikely. 
Thinking about it, you will have left school and hopefully you have a job or are getting one. I took a future quiz before I wrote this letter to you and it gave me this answer:

You wander around the Earth, journeying far land. Just hope that you won't die.

I'm not sure what to think about this, but I would like to add, I do hope you're still alive...
Moving on, I would like to 'wander around the earth' I'm not sure that's the term I would use, i'd probably go with 'Travel' or 'Explore'. Wander gives me the impression that I'm going to be walking... and around the earth seems a bit much. Just to clear up thus mess I seem to have gotten myself in, I wont be walking around the Earth. 

I hope you have plans to travel or maybe you have already visited some great places and if so, vlog them or blog them - that's what I say. I hope you do well for yourself and have a happy life and one day, or maybe you have already visited Africa and America because they're the main places that I would love to visit.

I hope you still have everyone close to you and everyone that mean the world to me, I hope they're still around, how are they getting on? Have they done well for themselves? Have you been travelling with Kayleigh yet? Are you planning on?
If you're not living in England anymore, I hope you are still in touch with everyone and you try and make the effort to. I guarantee you're still living at home, in England and this whole thing has just been my dream rather than reality.

I'm gonna wrap it up here and say that I'm grateful that this hasn't happened yet and I have the physical ability to make this happen. 
This life I'm living is a movie, and for the people who are watching it, I don't want it to be a boring one. I'm the writer, director and editor of this movie and I plan on making it the best one I've every watched.

See you in 10 years!

Lots of love

Present Self x x x


Hi everyone, I hope you liked that, I actually really, really enjoyed writing it, it's given me a little insight into what I hope for my future and the things I want to be doing, although I don't really have a career plan, I'd like to do something to do with performing/entertaining, I enjoy that. I was looking through some old posts and I saw at the end of my Dear Past Self letter that you can find in March's blog archive over on the right. I saw at the end of it that I had said I was going to write this letter "next week" but I did something else instead or maybe I started writing and planning for my Easter Holidays posts. 

So anyway, here it is now. I hope this has maybe inspired you to write one to your future self, even if you don't have a blog, write it on paper and put it away for however long you want. If you do have a blog however, I'm setting you the challenge to write one and when you do, if you want me to see it, tweet me the link to it or email me it etc, all the links and info are on the 'Contact' page. I would love to see what you all hope for in your futures.

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend, this has been a very long post today but I've enjoyed writing it. 

See you all soon

Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment